Company South Pole Carbon Asset Management Ltd.,
Platform The Company’s platform for the calculation and compensation of emissions.
User Users of the Platform.
South Pole is one of the leading developers of emissions reduction projects worldwide. These include forestry, renewables, waste management and energy access projects across five continents. The Platform is South Pole’s platform for the calculation and compensation of emissions (the ‘Platform’). The platform enables individuals and organizations (‘Users’) to measure, track and compensate their emissions. It also enables South Pole’s community to take climate action by contributing to emissions reduction projects to offset unavoidable emissions.
These conditions govern the use of the Platform. By using the Platform, you agree to and accept these terms.
To use the Platform, you will need to go through a registration process. In order to utilize all the features of the Platform, it is important that you provide as accurate and up-to-date information as possible.
5. Protected Content
It is expressly prohibited to modify, reproduce, duplicate, copy, print, translate, transfer, distribute, sell, rent, lend or otherwise exploit the contents of the Platform for commercial purposes without the written permission of the Company. All content in the Platform is protected by the Copyright Act and other statutory protection.
You may only use the Platform for the express purpose described above.
6. Third Party Providers
7. User's Obligations
You are responsible for maintaining the security of the login information required to gain access to the Platform and not sharing such information with third parties. You are responsible for keeping your password secret, which together with your username, constitutes your login details to the Platform.
8. Representation and WarrantiesThe Company:
- a. does not warrant that:
- i. the User's use of the Services will be uninterrupted or error-free; or
- ii. the Software or the Services will be free from Vulnerabilities or Viruses; or
- iii. the Software, Documentation, or Services will comply with any Heightened Cybersecurity Requirements.
- b. is not responsible for any delays, delivery failures, or any other loss or damage resulting from the transfer of data over communications networks and facilities, including the internet, and the User acknowledges that the Services and Documentation may be subject to limitations, delays and other problems inherent in the use of such communications facilities.
- a. does not warrant that:
9. Proprietary Rights
10. Personal Data and Privacy
All information you share in the Platform regarding your life patterns will be handled under the confidentiality of the Company. Part of the data will be used to generate anonymized statistics.
11. Accessibility and Technical Errors
13. Account Closure
Users may terminate their account at any time and discontinue their use of the Platform by contacting the platform through the contact form which you can find at the bottom of the platform.
14. Disclaimer and Liability
The Company has the right at any time to suspend a User and terminate an account that violates these User Terms or uses the Platform in a manner that could cause the Company or a third-party damage.
Disputes arising from these User Terms or the use of the Platform shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales without regard to its conflict of laws, principles or rules and each Party irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
The Company has the right to transfer its rights and obligations under these User Terms.
If you have any questions about these User Terms, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.